We are seeking a Highway Construction Inspector to join our contracting team providing service for Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA). You will be a team member overseeing project construction, on major and minor transportation improvement projects. Primary employment availability is anticipated working on the Bay Bridge project.
Applicants with a college degree in engineering and other associated fields have the highest earning potential. Applicants with documented experience to include length of assignments and responsibilities, as well as industry certifications also elevate earning potentials under these assignments. Entry level applicants may be considered on a limited case by case basis and as requested by the client. Please see our Job Application.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Requirements: All applicants must have and maintain a valid driver's license and are subject to drug screening. Reliable transportation is required and is compensated with a generous commute mileage program. Additionally applicants should have the ability to access and climb a 20’ ladder upward/downward and may require lifting material samples up to 50 lbs, and required testing equipment, and carrying over distances on related construction sites. The applicant should have the ability to traverse uneven, steep and possibly slippery site conditions without concern of falling.