We are is seeking ACI concrete inspectors to join our consulting engineering team providing service for Maryland Department of Transportation (MDTA). You will be a team member overseeing project construction on the Bay Bridge improvement projects. Must be able to work nighttime hours and the assignment will require working at substantial heights.
Applicants should have construction experience with concrete application and testing as related to bridge structures. Resumes should document experience to include length of assignments and responsibilities, as well as any industry certifications. Please see our Job Application.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Requirements: ALL applicants must be authorized to work in the US and have documentation of such, we are unable to provide sponsorship for these positions. Applicants must have and maintain a valid driver's license and are subject to drug screening. Reliable transportation is required and is compensated with a generous commute mileage program. Additionally, applicants should have the ability to access and climb bridge structures, ladders upward/downward and may require lifting material samples up to 50 lbs., and required testing equipment, and carrying over distances on related construction sites. The applicant should have the ability to traverse uneven, steep and possibly slippery site conditions without concern of falling.