Why work for Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI)?
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) is focused on giving their all to their clientele, as well to their staff. DFI prides itself on offering training, mentoring, flexible hours and competitive benefits. The company also offers career advancement opportunities, as well as educational financial assistance.
DFI is looking for people that enjoy a small, family-oriented atmosphere. The company is also looking for those who are looking for challenging, but gratifying projects put in front of them.
Those who are ready to work in a fast-paced, but learning-friendly environment should apply!
Please see below the current job positions.
Environmental Stream Restoration Inspector
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) has an immediate need for an environmental stream restoration inspector to assess all phases of construction on projects located in Frederick County, Maryland. The inspector will perform and make decisions independently for routine erosion and sediment control and storm water control issues. Please see our Job Application.
- Monitor and perform environmental inspections to ensure regulatory compliance
- Perform daily record keeping of project activities
- Accurately document field observations and follow job-specific procedures
- Assess environmental impacts to water quality, streams, wetlands and threatened species
- Interpret state and federal environmental laws, regulations, policies and best practices
- Ability to hike on moderate to strenuous rough and, or, muddy terrain in adverse weather conditions in and around active construction sites
- Two to four years of professional experience in environmental work, that pertains to stream restoration construction, erosion control, or related work and erosion and sediment control (E&SC) or construction inspection experience
- Ability to accurately read and interpret construction plans and details
- Microsoft Office and Adobe software proficient
- Highly motivated and reliable, as well have an attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to provide exemplary customer service to a variety of clients and personnel
- Maryland Department of the Environment (MDE) Responsible Person Certification
Computer-Aided Design and Drafting/Designer, Civil Engineering
The Computer-Aided Design and Drafting/Designer (CADD) technician will work in Development Facilitator Inc.'s (DFI) Engineering Department to begin and finish civil drawings. Someone with experience working on civil drawings in Anne Arundel, Maryland is preferred, as well as organized, reliable and the willingness to work hard. The person should have proficiency with working on grading plans, storm water management design, as well as final plans, public utility plans and record plats and site development plans for single family lots, subdivisions and, or, commercial developments. Please see our Job Application.
- Work on grading plans, as well as storm water management designs
- Work to complete final plans, public utility plans
- Use record plats and site development plans for single-family lots, subdivisions and, or, commercial developments
- Knowledge and experience with Auto-Computer-Aided Design and Drafting 2016 or equivalent experience
- Experience with TR-55
- Proficiency in the following Microsoft programs:
- One Note
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) is looking for a project manager/designer (architect, professional engineer, P.E., project manager professional, P.M.P, or certified construction manager, CCM) to oversee long-term contracts involving project planning, scheduling, budgeting, personnel management and implementation. The current management position is open for construction projects involving facilities, public safety, transportation and utilities. This position requires flexibility to potentially manage multiple projects in and around central Maryland. Please see our Job Application.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable change order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Participate in efforts aimed at expanding and improving services
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Design-build experience preferred
- Ability to pass background check for secure facility clearance
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) is looking for utility inspectors in Silver Spring, Maryland. The inspectors will use their construction knowledge for water and sewer main projects to complete tasks, such as removing and replacing existing aged supply systems. Inspectors must use their knowledge of by-pass systems, rehabilitation, relining and water sample collections, among various skills to complete projects. Please see our Job Application.
- Understanding of sewer and water systems
- Use various construction methods to carry out projects that include, but not limited to, valve operations and installations, pipe laying, restraint systems and fire hydrants
- A minimum of five years experience in water and, or, sewer systems
- National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) certified or similar certification is desirable
- National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) certified is a strong plus
- Applicants are subject to annual background checks
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must have a dependable mode of transportation