Why work for Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI)?
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) is focused on giving their all to their clientele, as well to their staff. DFI prides itself on offering training, mentoring, flexible hours and competitive benefits. The company also offers career advancement opportunities, as well as educational financial assistance.
DFI is looking for people that enjoy a small, family-oriented atmosphere. The company is also looking for those who are looking for challenging, but gratifying projects put in front of them.
Those who are ready to work in a fast-paced, but learning-friendly environment should apply!
Please see below the current job positions.
Civil Site Designer/Design Engineer
DFI's Design Division is looking for a design engineer with 2+ years of experience using Civil 3D to design civil site plans including road plans, storm drains, storm water management, water and sewer, and erosion and sediment control plans.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) with engineer in training (EIT) preferred, but not required.
Salary range $48k to $75k per year depending upon experience and credentials.
Please see our Job Application.
Commercial Roofing Expert
DFI is seeking an experienced Commercial Roofing Project Manager to join construction management and inspection team. This position will service the Baltimore County school system to ensure quality installation, direct oversight during roofing installations, and assistance determining cause of roofing/building envelope problems. Duties include scheduling and completing of roofing inspections, performing progress checks on roofing projects, providing technical assistance for roofing applicators and submission of daily reports. This candidate should reside in or around the Baltimore Metro area and be available for off hour work and potential work schedules that may require extensive overtime. Please see our Job Application.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of all roofing systems: built up, EPDM, PVC, TPO, bitumen, shingle, metal and green roofing. Industry certifications are a strong plus.
- Preforming inspections of the roofing installation work on job site. Work maybe completed in all outside weather conditions.
- Have a full knowledge of spec and details, ability to converse and explain the specific pertaining to roof system and identify errors to the system and what corrective measures may be needed.
- Completing and submitting forms, letters, and reports. This involves filling out standard forms , demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate verbally and write letters to roofers, building owners, architects, consultants, etc., explaining what needs to be addressed during the roofing project.
- Providing technical assistance for technical questions presented by roofing applicators.
- Demonstrate industry training/knowledge of training programs of installation work, i.e., splices, flashings, installation of insulation, includes full working knowledge of specs and details, the ability to converse and convey installation methods to roofing foremen and crewmen.
- The representative will also be able to inspect and identify roofing problems and document annually per state requirements.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Five (5) or more years of previous roofing or construction experience is required. Related experience and educational combination will be considered. Pay commensurate with experience
- Applicants must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Candidates must have strong time management skills and be self-motivated.
- A valid driver's license and dependable transportation is required at time of hire and must be maintained throughout employment.
- The applicant will be required to submit finger prints and have a full background investigation as work will be in school environments.
- Applicants and employees are subject to drug testing.
- The inspector may be required to carry up to 50lbs of materials and or tools and must be able to access all components of roofing systems including but not limited to climbing ladders and working at heights.
Computer-Aided Design and Drafting/Designer, Civil Engineering
The Computer-Aided Design and Drafting/Designer (CADD) technician will work in Development Facilitator Inc.'s (DFI) Engineering Department to begin and finish civil drawings. Someone with experience working on civil drawings in Anne Arundel, Maryland is preferred, as well as organized, reliable and the willingness to work hard. The person should have proficiency with working on grading plans, storm water management design, as well as final plans, public utility plans and record plats and site development plans for single family lots, subdivisions and, or, commercial developments. Please see our Job Application.
- Work on grading plans, as well as storm water management designs
- Work to complete final plans, public utility plans
- Use record plats and site development plans for single-family lots, subdivisions and, or, commercial developments
- Knowledge and experience with Auto-Computer-Aided Design and Drafting 2016 or equivalent experience
- Experience with TR-55
- Proficiency in the following Microsoft programs:
- One Note
- Must have working knowledge of Adobe
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Highway Construction Inspector
We are seeking a Highway Construction Inspector to join our contracting team providing service for Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA). You will be a team member overseeing project construction, on major and minor transportation improvement projects. Primary employment availability is anticipated working on the Bay Bridge project.
Applicants with a college degree in engineering and other associated fields have the highest earning potential. Applicants with documented experience to include length of assignments and responsibilities, as well as industry certifications also elevate earning potentials under these assignments. Entry level applicants may be considered on a limited case by case basis and as requested by the client. Please see our Job Application.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Requirements: All applicants must have and maintain a valid driver's license and are subject to drug screening. Reliable transportation is required and is compensated with a generous commute mileage program. Additionally applicants should have the ability to access and climb a 20’ ladder upward/downward and may require lifting material samples up to 50 lbs, and required testing equipment, and carrying over distances on related construction sites. The applicant should have the ability to traverse uneven, steep and possibly slippery site conditions without concern of falling.
MEP Renovation Inspectors
DFI is seeking applicants available for assignment to assist our Construction Management and Inspection Division. We current provide these services to public agencies and current needs for a Inspector who have expertise with mechanical, electrical and plumbing as such relates to both new and renovations of building systems including HVAC, Plumbing and Gas, Fire and Smoke Protection, Elevators, and Electrical . All facilities are owned maintained and operated by government agencies. The positions offer long term dependable full-time assignments and will include night and weekend work, as required. The candidate will be required to provide oversight and quality assurance of the contractor's work in compliance with the project documents and contract. The position also requires a thorough understanding of progress scheduling and coordination with staff that will still be using the government facility during the renovation process. This includes temporary climate control and workstation relocation. The project may require nighttime working hours. Please see our Job Application.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex building, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Effective communication skills with the ability to represent the interests of the Government in a professional manner and ensure quality of work while maintaining good relationships with contractor and operations staff
- Ability to understand to read, interpret and work from blueprints, specifications and shop drawings
- Ability to work non-business hours including night and weekend work
- Ability to participate in meetings, produce or review documents and submittals and provide recommendations
- Ability to coordinate construction work prior, and during construction and complete reports and documentation required as part of project close out.
- Able to estimate time and materials needed for job and compare to progress schedules.
- Requires a minimum of five years of journeyman level experience & certification in one or more of the building trades, with High school diploma or GED
- Experience and ability to ensure construction work is completed in compliance with construction contract documents and provide quality assurance of contractor’s work, including off-hour construction
- Experience and ability in the use of computer-based technology to manage construction projects including MS Office and project management software
- Experience working with Government Project Managers on processing contractor change requests, progress payments, requests for information, submittals, reports, and other construction related documentation and reports
- Experience with cost estimates and construction schedules
- Supplemented by vocational/technical training in general construction (carpentry), plumbing, wiring, HVAC, etc., plus three to five years relevant work experience.
- All applicants must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. Applicants may also be subject background investigation and drug testing.
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Job Proficiency
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Project Manager, Civil Engineering
Development Facilitators, Inc.'s (DFI) Design Division is looking for a project manager who is experienced with Civil 3D for design of residential and commercial civil site plans, along with government roadway and civil site plans for local jurisdictions. Responsibilities would include assisting in the design, estimating for proposals, coordinating with clients and reviewing agencies and supervising work effort of designers and CADD drafting for assigned project.
Minimum of five years experience in civil site design and have a Maryland Professional Engineer (PE) license.
Salary range $75k to $105K.
Please see our Job Application.
Utility (Water/Sewer) Inspector
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) currently has an Inspector 1 position open with Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) at the Temple Hills Depot. The candidate will work directly with the seventh largest water wastewater provider in the nation. The ideal applicants will have a minimum of five years experience in sewer and/or water systems. The candidates are assigned to sewer and water system projects within the WSSC operating zones of Prince George's County, Maryland service base.
The applicant must have through knowledge of construction methods used to remove and replace existing aged supply systems. This knowledge shall include understanding of by-pass systems, rehabilitation, relining, water sample collection, valve operation, shut down notifications, valve installation, pipe laying, restraint systems, fire hydrants, pressure testing, chlorination, flushing and service connections. National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologie (NICET) or similar certification is desirable and should be noted and supported in the applicants professional resume. National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) certification is also a strong plus.
Resumes shall document relevant experience, certifications and references. The applicant is also subject to annual background checks by WSSC and must have and maintain a valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
Please see our Job Application.
Water/Sewer Utility Inspector
We are currently seeking utility inspectors to provide construction inspection services in Montgomery County, Maryland for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC). The Consultant Inspector is responsible for performing construction inspection of residential utilities; water and sewer connections. Performed inspections will ensure conformance with the plans, specifications and standards. Desired experience includes trenchless pipe rehabilitation methods and National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) certification. Please see our Job Application.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a state high school equivalent certificate.
- Five (5) years experience in construction inspection of utility installation (water/sewer/storm drain connections).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Posses interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Ability to create written reports and documentation.
- Ability to coordinate and, or, monitor activities and projects.
- A vehicle to travel to, from and while on the project site.
- State Highway Administration Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (SHA MARTCP) certifications are a plus