Why work for Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI)?
Development Facilitators, Inc. (DFI) is focused on giving their all to their clientele, as well to their staff. DFI prides itself on offering training, mentoring, flexible hours and competitive benefits. The company also offers career advancement opportunities, as well as educational financial assistance.
DFI is looking for people that enjoy a small, family-oriented atmosphere. The company is also looking for those who are looking for challenging, but gratifying projects put in front of them.
Those who are ready to work in a fast-paced, but learning-friendly environment should apply!
Please see below the current job positions.
Civil Site Designer/Design Engineer
DFI's Design Division is looking for a design engineer with 2+ years of experience using Civil 3D to design civil site plans including road plans, storm drains, storm water management, water and sewer, and erosion and sediment control plans.
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (BSCE) with engineer in training (EIT) preferred, but not required.
Salary range $48k to $75k per year depending upon experience and credentials.
Please see our Job Application.
Highway Construction Inspector
We are seeking a Highway Construction Inspector to join our contracting team providing service for Maryland Transportation Authority (MDTA). You will be a team member overseeing project construction, on major and minor transportation improvement projects. Primary employment availability is anticipated working on the Bay Bridge project.
Applicants with a college degree in engineering and other associated fields have the highest earning potential. Applicants with documented experience to include length of assignments and responsibilities, as well as industry certifications also elevate earning potentials under these assignments. Entry level applicants may be considered on a limited case by case basis and as requested by the client. Please see our Job Application.
- Oversee all aspects of construction project from planning to implementation
- Allocate resources for assigned projects
- Supervise onsite personnel and subcontractors
- Interface with project inspectors, contractors, architects, engineers, city and county officials, and clients
- Negotiate with contractors to receive reasonable order costs
- Maintain high standards of workmanship that adhere to original plans and specifications
- Previous experience in construction management or other related fields
- Familiarity with construction management software
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Deadline and detail-oriented
Requirements: All applicants must have and maintain a valid driver's license and are subject to drug screening. Reliable transportation is required and is compensated with a generous commute mileage program. Additionally applicants should have the ability to access and climb a 20’ ladder upward/downward and may require lifting material samples up to 50 lbs, and required testing equipment, and carrying over distances on related construction sites. The applicant should have the ability to traverse uneven, steep and possibly slippery site conditions without concern of falling.
MEP Renovation Inspectors
DFI is seeking applicants available for assignment to assist our Construction Management and Inspection Division. We current provide these services to public agencies and current needs for a Inspector who have expertise with mechanical, electrical and plumbing as such relates to both new and renovations of building systems including HVAC, Plumbing and Gas, Fire and Smoke Protection, Elevators, and Electrical . All facilities are owned maintained and operated by government agencies. The positions offer long term dependable full-time assignments and will include night and weekend work, as required. The candidate will be required to provide oversight and quality assurance of the contractor's work in compliance with the project documents and contract. The position also requires a thorough understanding of progress scheduling and coordination with staff that will still be using the government facility during the renovation process. This includes temporary climate control and workstation relocation. The project may require nighttime working hours. Please see our Job Application.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex building, mechanical, and electrical drawings
- Effective communication skills with the ability to represent the interests of the Government in a professional manner and ensure quality of work while maintaining good relationships with contractor and operations staff
- Ability to understand to read, interpret and work from blueprints, specifications and shop drawings
- Ability to work non-business hours including night and weekend work
- Ability to participate in meetings, produce or review documents and submittals and provide recommendations
- Ability to coordinate construction work prior, and during construction and complete reports and documentation required as part of project close out.
- Able to estimate time and materials needed for job and compare to progress schedules.
- Requires a minimum of five years of journeyman level experience & certification in one or more of the building trades, with High school diploma or GED
- Experience and ability to ensure construction work is completed in compliance with construction contract documents and provide quality assurance of contractor’s work, including off-hour construction
- Experience and ability in the use of computer-based technology to manage construction projects including MS Office and project management software
- Experience working with Government Project Managers on processing contractor change requests, progress payments, requests for information, submittals, reports, and other construction related documentation and reports
- Experience with cost estimates and construction schedules
- Supplemented by vocational/technical training in general construction (carpentry), plumbing, wiring, HVAC, etc., plus three to five years relevant work experience.
- All applicants must have a valid driver's license and dependable transportation. Applicants may also be subject background investigation and drug testing.
Work is performed in the field. Ability to extensively perform bending, kneeling, standing, and lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 25 lbs as needed. Work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Job Proficiency
- Building Relationships & Teamwork
- Integrity & Ethics
- Quality Service
Project Manager, Civil Engineering
Development Facilitators, Inc.'s (DFI) Design Division is looking for a project manager who is experienced with Civil 3D for design of residential and commercial civil site plans, along with government roadway and civil site plans for local jurisdictions. Responsibilities would include assisting in the design, estimating for proposals, coordinating with clients and reviewing agencies and supervising work effort of designers and CADD drafting for assigned project.
Minimum of five years experience in civil site design and have a Maryland Professional Engineer (PE) license.
Salary range $75k to $105K.
Please see our Job Application.
Survey Crew Helper
DFI is looking for an instrument operator/rodman to work on a survey field crew.
Knowledge of Leica GPS and Robot instruments or previous survey experience is a plus, but will train the right candidate.
Attitude is key.
This a full-time position, Monday through Friday, 6:30 A.M. - 3:00 P.M., weather permitting with the occasional opportunity for overtime.
Utility (Water/Sewer) Inspector
DFI has an Inspector 1 position open with Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC) at the Temple Hills Depot. The candidate will work directly with the seventh largest water wastewater provider in the nation. The ideal applicants will have a minimum of five years experience in sewer and/or water systems. The candidates are assigned to sewer and water system projects within the WSSC operating zones of Prince George's County, Maryland service base.
The applicant must have through knowledge of construction methods used to remove and replace existing aged supply systems. This knowledge shall include understanding of by-pass systems, rehabilitation, relining, water sample collection, valve operation, shut down notifications, valve installation, pipe laying, restraint systems, fire hydrants, pressure testing, chlorination, flushing and service connections. National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET) or similar certification is desirable and should be noted and supported in the applicants professional resume. National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) certification is also a strong plus.
Resumes shall document relevant experience, certifications and references. The applicant is also subject to annual background checks by WSSC and must have and maintain a valid driver's license and dependable transportation.
Please see our Job Application.
Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Culpeper District Construction Engineering & Inspection (CEI) Inspectors
DFI is searching for Construction & Engineering (CEI) Inspectors to immediately join our team in the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) Culpeper District. CEI Inspectors will perform standardized inspection of construction work which includes calculations and computations, as well as additional assigned responsibilities underneath the supervision of the Project Administrator. In addition, inspectors will provide Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC), including independent inspection of construction materials and installation to assure compliance with the construction contract specifications and plans. CEI Inspectors should have relevant industry certifications and experience with movable bridge, tunnel and, or mechanical/electrical inspection experience. A signing bonus of $2,500 is offered to qualified and accepted applicants.
- Inspection of materials used by contractors to ensure Quality Assurance
- Inspection of various phases of construction work to ensure Quality Control
- Create and confirm engineering computations
- Conduct field testing for project compliance
- Create daily inspection reports for documentation purposes
- Document test results and observations for documentation purposes
- Perform verification testing to confirm project specifications
- Assist with record keeping and field measurements on an as-needed basis
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in transportation construction inspection industry, including movable bridge, tunnel and, or mechanical/electrical inspections
- Must have current required industry and VDOT Certifications
- Current and valid driver’s license
- Immediate ability to work in the United States
Employees are subject to drug testing and background checks.
Compensation is based upon experience and qualifications.
Water/Sewer Utility Inspector
We are currently seeking utility inspectors to provide construction inspection services in Montgomery County, Maryland for Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (WSSC). The Consultant Inspector is responsible for performing construction inspection of residential utilities; water and sewer connections. Performed inspections will ensure conformance with the plans, specifications and standards. Desired experience includes trenchless pipe rehabilitation methods and National Association of Sewer Service Companies (NASSCO) certification. Please see our Job Application.
- Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a state high school equivalent certificate.
- Five (5) years experience in construction inspection of utility installation (water/sewer/storm drain connections).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software (Word/Excel/Outlook).
- Posses interpersonal, organizational and communication skills. Ability to create written reports and documentation.
- Ability to coordinate and, or, monitor activities and projects.
- A vehicle to travel to, from and while on the project site.
- State Highway Administration Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (SHA MARTCP) certifications are a plus